Home » Frequently Asked Questions

Contact details for Registered Migration Agents

Mobile Phone/Text: + 61 (0) 413 124 717

E-mail: 457assistance@gmail.com

Parsa Shahbandi
MARN 0601147
Fred Molloy
MARN 0853698
Anthony Ross
MARN 0317382


The IRMAP document is for clients of Migration Agents. It provides information about the migration advice profession, the functions of the Office of the MARA, the legislation regulating the profession, what a client can reasonably expect from a migration agent and complaint procedures.

See: Information about the Migration Advice Profession

Code of Conduct

Information on the Code of Conduct for the Australian Migration Advice Profession.

See: Code of Conduct

Immigration Assistance

457 Assistance

In Australia a person may only lawfully give immigration assistance if he or she is a registered migration agent or is exempt from being registered. Only registered migration agents may receive a fee or reward for providing immigration assistance.

If an unregistered person in Australia, who is not exempt from registration, gives you immigration assistance they are committing a criminal offence and may be prosecuted.

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. How do I convert Temporary Business (Long Stay) 457 Visa into Permanent Residence PR Visa?
    • There are several Visa Subclasses applicable in converting Temporary Business (Long Stay) 457 Visa Subclass into Permanent Residence Visa.
  2. What are the chances of my existing 457 visa subclass being converted to a Permanent Residence visa?
    • Eligibility will be assessed carefully by our Migration Consultants before accepting application.
  3. What are the requirements if I want to change to a Permanent Residence visa from a 457 visa?
    • The requirements for Permanent residence visa vary depending on your own circumstances and our Migration Consultants will inform you of the requirements after assessing your eligibility.
  4. Who may be included in the application to change from a 457 visa and apply for Permanent Australian Residence?
    • The following may be included in the application to change from a 457 visa to Permanent Australian Resident Visa: spouse, dependent children, and other dependent relatives.
  5. How long will it take to process from a 457 visa to Permanent Australian Residence Visa?
    • The DIBP visa processing time varies and depends on many different factors including the volume of cases received by the Department. DIBP is mentioning their Visa Processing Time Service Standards are from 6 to 12 months for Employer Sponsored Visas and 12 to 18 months for Visas like SkillSelect Independent and Family Sponsored, Nominated Occupation on the SOL – Schedule 1 and SMP.
  6. How much does it cost to apply for Permanent Australian Residence Visa, converting from a 457 visa?
    • DIBP charge a non-refundable fee for the application (from $3,600). Our Migration Consultants fee will depend on the visa subclass applied for.
    • The fees for converting your 457 visa to a permanent resident’s visa will be advised after the preliminary assessment is done.
    • Average fees from Migration Agents are between $2,000 and $5,000 depending upon whether just advice or complete lodgement.
  7. What does Permanent Australian Residency in Australia mean?
    • Permanent Australian Residency in Australia is equivalent to immigrating to Australia.
    • Individuals are not eligible to apply for Australian citizenship directly so permanent residency application is required first.
  8. What rights and privileges will be attained when granted a Permanent Residence visa?
    • The applicant will have the right and privilege to live permanently, work, and study in Australia.
  9. Why should I apply to change my status from a 457 visa to a permanent resident visa?
    • The 457 visa was designed for short term temporary overseas labour to be utilised by Australian Companies that had a skills shortage.
    • The 457 visa has a maximum term of 4 years; however it may be possible to extend this.
    • As a Permanent Australian Resident a person is then entitled to free Australian Medical care as if they were an Australian, this free medical care extends to any family members covered under their visa.
    • Free education for all dependants covered under the Australian Resident Visa is also provided.
  10. Is there a chance that my application for Permanent residence visa not approved by DIBP?
    • Applications may be refused due to lack of supporting documents and errors. This may be avoided by seeking professional advice of a migration expert before lodging the application.
  11. After converting from 457 visa to Permanent Australian Residence Visa, am I allowed to travel in and out of Australia?
    • The visa will allow unlimited travel in and out of Australia for five years from date of grant.
    • Permanent visa holders are allowed to stay in Australia indefinitely.
  12. If Permanent Australian Residence visa is granted and obtained, will I be allowed to work in other countries?
    • Yes. There will be a multiple entry visa for five (5) years to travel in and out of Australia.
    • If Australian citizenship is not obtained, application for a Resident Return Visa is needed before leaving Australia.
  13. Is it legal to hold more than one Permanent Residence visa for more than one (1) country?
    • It is not illegal holding permanent visas for more than 1 country.
  14. Is it legal to apply for Permanent Residence visas from more than one (1) country?
    • It is legal to apply for permanent visa from more than one country, from Australian law’s perspective.
  15. If granted a Permanent Australian Residence visa, am I allowed to buy real estate in Australia?
    • You can buy real estate for any purpose if permanent residency is obtained.

457 Visa Employers and Holders. Text/Phone 04131247417